Supportive Care Coordinator Gisborne
Part time - 30 hours per week
We are looking for a dynamic and innovative person to join the team at the Cancer Society of Gisborne as our Supportive Care Coordinator helping support those in the our community on a journey with Cancer in Tairawhiti.
The Cancer Society of New Zealand strives to minimize the impact and incidence of cancer in our community and Te Whare Tapu Whā is our model of practice.
The person we are looking for will have the following skills.
- Relevant experience and qualification in the health sector or social work, social service.
- Effective interpersonal skills, including assessment and facilitation and a proven ability to develop networks.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Effective time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and databases.
- Full and current drivers licence.
The primary focus of the position will be to:
- Provide support and information to cancer patients and their whanau.
- Increase awareness and use of the Cancer Society support services in the community.
The Cancer Society is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees by incorporating the principals of Te Tiriti O Waitangi. The role offers variety and the opportunity to join an enthusiastic and dedicated team, who work hard in the community to support cancer patients and their families.
If you have the capabilities above and want to be part of an organisation making a difference in people’s lives every day, then we would love to hear from you.
Click here for a job description
Click here for an application form
Please send your CV, a covering letter and completed application form to email@example.com
Applications close 5pm, Friday October 9th2020.