Supportive Care Coordinator Taranaki
Part time (job share) 20-25 hours per week
We are looking for a dynamic and innovative person to join the team at the Cancer Society Taranaki Centre as our Supportive Care Coordinator.
The Cancer Society of New Zealand strives to minimize the impact and incidence of cancer in our community and te whare tapu wha is our model of practice.
The person we are looking for will have the following skills.
- Relevant experience and qualification in social work, social service or health science.
- Effective interpersonal skills, including assessment and facilitation and a proven ability to develop networks.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Effective time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and databases.
- Current drivers licence.
The primary focus of the position will be to:
- Provide support and information to cancer patients and their whanau
- To co co-ordinate the Cancer Society’s Wellness Programme – Living with and Beyond Cancer
- Increase awareness and use of the Cancer Society support services in the community.
The Cancer Society is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The role offers variety and the opportunity to join an enthusiastic and dedicated team, who work hard in the community to support cancer patients and their families.
If you have the capabilities above and want to be part of an organisation making a difference in people’s lives every day, then we would love to hear from you.